No need to panic about Ebola: Vardhan
Bangalore: Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Saturday said there is no case of Ebola virus disease in the country and there is no need for panic about it.
"Everything as far as Ebola is concerned is thoroughly well controlled in the country; as on today, to this moment there is no case of Ebola in India and I think there is no need for anybody to panic," Vardhan told reporters here.
He said all state governments as well as the Centre are trying to make sure that anyone travelling from Ebola affected countries is thoroughly screened "in terms of history..., right from the place of their arrival in India to their final destination in the country."
Stating that he had inspected arrangements at Bangalore Airport, the Health Minister said "they are all seized of the issue."
He said Ebola was not airborne."It will only come to you only if you come in contact with the secretions of somebody who has already got this disease and you have contact with a person who is already infected and who is travelling from these countries." "So as such on today nothing to worry about it," Vardhan added.
Speaking about his visit to National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences here today, he said "I strongly feel the need of having more NIMHANS like institutions in the country. To begin with, may be at the regional level for which I will certainly start some sort of working when I go back to Delhi."
"NIMHANS people also have a dream of having similar institutions all over the country and in their next dream they want to have NIMHANS like institutions even outside the country also in future," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city