No need to politicise riots case verdict: Dikshit
New Delhi: As angry protests erupted against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in an anti-Sikh riots case, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said the issue should not be politicised and those disagreeing with the verdict can approach higher courts.
Dikshit said the issue has been politicised and there was no need do so.
"It has been politicised. The court has taken a decision and if someone doesn`t feel it is right or injustice has been done, they can appeal in higher court. But there is no need to politicise it," she said.
Her comments came in the wake of Kumar`s acquittal and subsequent protests in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH