No need to politicise riots case verdict: Dikshit
New Delhi: As angry protests erupted against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in an anti-Sikh riots case, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said the issue should not be politicised and those disagreeing with the verdict can approach higher courts.
Dikshit said the issue has been politicised and there was no need do so.
"It has been politicised. The court has taken a decision and if someone doesn`t feel it is right or injustice has been done, they can appeal in higher court. But there is no need to politicise it," she said.
Her comments came in the wake of Kumar`s acquittal and subsequent protests in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?