No night running of trains in West Midnapore till June 14
Kolkata: Running of passenger trains during
night on the Kharagpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Adra sections in
West Midnapore district would remain suspended till June 14
due to security reasons in the aftermath of the Jnaneswari
Passenger train services in these two sections would not
be operated between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am, South Eastern
Railway sources said Wednesday.
Night operations of passenger trains have been suspended
in these two sections since April 28, when the Jnaneswari
Express derailed killing 148 passengers.
While several mail and express trains to and from West and
Central India have been rescheduled, three trains would remain
cancelled till June 14, the sources said.
The 315/316 Howrah-Adra Chakradharpur Passenger, 315A/316A
Howrah-Adra-Bokaro Passenger and 353/354 Kharagpur-Tata
Passenger would remain cancelled, SER sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar