`No objection to Rajagopal being admitted to NIMS`
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh government
today said it had no objection to Congress MP L Rajagopal, who
escaped from the Government Hospital here, being admitted to
the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) in Hyderabad
as desired by him.
"We are all worried about him. His family members and
well-wishers said he wanted to be admitted to NIMS. We have no
objection to that. We appeal to him to contact us
immediately," state Animal Husbandry Minister K Parthasarathi
told reporters here.
"Rajagopal can go to NIMS on his own or the government
is ready to take him to the premier government hospital in
Hyderabad," Parthasarathi, who hails from Krishna district,
The minister held a meeting with Krishna district
officials, MLAs and other public representatives this morning.
He briefed Chief Minister K Rosaiah about the
situation, who also agreed to admit the Vijayawada Lok Sabha
member at NIMS.
Prior to his escape from the hospital last night,
Rajagopal had sent a letter to Governor N D Tiwari complaining
about the poor facilities in the Vijayawada Government
Hospital and sought to be shifted to NIMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics