No one came from outside, Rajesh Talwar prime suspect: CBI
Ghaziabad: A Special CBI Court here on Tuesday reserved its order for Wednesday on the agency`s closure report
in the Aarushi murder case following over three hours of
argument during which the CBI claimed that circumstantial
evidence points to the parents of the dead teenager.
CBI counsel RK Saini opposed the protest petition filed
by Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar against the CBI closure
report during the last hearing on January 25.
Saini said there was nothing left in the case and there
was no scope of further investigation.
He also said that the Investigating Officer of the case
has ruled out involvement of servants or any intruders.
Saini said, "The circumstantial evidence in IO`s probe
puts suspicion on parents` role but in all fairness he has
also admitted weakness in successful prosecution in the case."
Talwar`s counsel Satish Tamta said there were many lapses
in the CBI investigation and stressed on the need to conduct
low count DNA procedure, which involves the testing of genetic
Saini said the agency has sought opinion from four labs,
including one in the UK.
"Three labs said that it is not possible as samples are
highly contaminated while one UK-based lab with which the
Talwars were in touch said they could do it but it was found
through Interpol that it was not registered there," he said.
Amid heated discussion, Tamta also produced a pillow
cover which he claimed was Aarushi`s and was not seized by the
CBI. However, the pillow cover did not have any blood stains.
Talwar`s lawyer said the stance of the CBI has changed as
the investigating team changed.
He claimed certain leads had emerged in the
narco-analysis test of domestic helps which were not pursued.
He also said the CBI made certain observations related to the
private parts of the deceased which have not been mentioned in
the post-mortem report.
Talwar`s counsel claimed that the CBI leaked information
about the closure of case to the media before filing of the
report in the court on December 29 last year. The advocate
said more investigation should be made regarding the victim`s
bed and pillow cover to reach a final decision.
The court of Special CBI Magistrate Preeti Singh, which
heard the matter, reserved its order for tomorrow morning.
14-year-old Aarushi was found murdered with her throat
slit in her parents` home at Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on May 16,
2008. The family`s domestic help Hemraj was found killed on
the terrace of the flat the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India