No one came from outside, Rajesh Talwar prime suspect: CBI
Ghaziabad: A Special CBI Court here on Tuesday reserved its order for Wednesday on the agency`s closure report
in the Aarushi murder case following over three hours of
argument during which the CBI claimed that circumstantial
evidence points to the parents of the dead teenager.
CBI counsel RK Saini opposed the protest petition filed
by Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar against the CBI closure
report during the last hearing on January 25.
Saini said there was nothing left in the case and there
was no scope of further investigation.
He also said that the Investigating Officer of the case
has ruled out involvement of servants or any intruders.
Saini said, "The circumstantial evidence in IO`s probe
puts suspicion on parents` role but in all fairness he has
also admitted weakness in successful prosecution in the case."
Talwar`s counsel Satish Tamta said there were many lapses
in the CBI investigation and stressed on the need to conduct
low count DNA procedure, which involves the testing of genetic
Saini said the agency has sought opinion from four labs,
including one in the UK.
"Three labs said that it is not possible as samples are
highly contaminated while one UK-based lab with which the
Talwars were in touch said they could do it but it was found
through Interpol that it was not registered there," he said.
Amid heated discussion, Tamta also produced a pillow
cover which he claimed was Aarushi`s and was not seized by the
CBI. However, the pillow cover did not have any blood stains.
Talwar`s lawyer said the stance of the CBI has changed as
the investigating team changed.
He claimed certain leads had emerged in the
narco-analysis test of domestic helps which were not pursued.
He also said the CBI made certain observations related to the
private parts of the deceased which have not been mentioned in
the post-mortem report.
Talwar`s counsel claimed that the CBI leaked information
about the closure of case to the media before filing of the
report in the court on December 29 last year. The advocate
said more investigation should be made regarding the victim`s
bed and pillow cover to reach a final decision.
The court of Special CBI Magistrate Preeti Singh, which
heard the matter, reserved its order for tomorrow morning.
14-year-old Aarushi was found murdered with her throat
slit in her parents` home at Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on May 16,
2008. The family`s domestic help Hemraj was found killed on
the terrace of the flat the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH