No one came from outside, Rajesh Talwar prime suspect: CBI
Ghaziabad: A Special CBI Court here on Tuesday reserved its order for Wednesday on the agency`s closure report
in the Aarushi murder case following over three hours of
argument during which the CBI claimed that circumstantial
evidence points to the parents of the dead teenager.
CBI counsel RK Saini opposed the protest petition filed
by Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar against the CBI closure
report during the last hearing on January 25.
Saini said there was nothing left in the case and there
was no scope of further investigation.
He also said that the Investigating Officer of the case
has ruled out involvement of servants or any intruders.
Saini said, "The circumstantial evidence in IO`s probe
puts suspicion on parents` role but in all fairness he has
also admitted weakness in successful prosecution in the case."
Talwar`s counsel Satish Tamta said there were many lapses
in the CBI investigation and stressed on the need to conduct
low count DNA procedure, which involves the testing of genetic
Saini said the agency has sought opinion from four labs,
including one in the UK.
"Three labs said that it is not possible as samples are
highly contaminated while one UK-based lab with which the
Talwars were in touch said they could do it but it was found
through Interpol that it was not registered there," he said.
Amid heated discussion, Tamta also produced a pillow
cover which he claimed was Aarushi`s and was not seized by the
CBI. However, the pillow cover did not have any blood stains.
Talwar`s lawyer said the stance of the CBI has changed as
the investigating team changed.
He claimed certain leads had emerged in the
narco-analysis test of domestic helps which were not pursued.
He also said the CBI made certain observations related to the
private parts of the deceased which have not been mentioned in
the post-mortem report.
Talwar`s counsel claimed that the CBI leaked information
about the closure of case to the media before filing of the
report in the court on December 29 last year. The advocate
said more investigation should be made regarding the victim`s
bed and pillow cover to reach a final decision.
The court of Special CBI Magistrate Preeti Singh, which
heard the matter, reserved its order for tomorrow morning.
14-year-old Aarushi was found murdered with her throat
slit in her parents` home at Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on May 16,
2008. The family`s domestic help Hemraj was found killed on
the terrace of the flat the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor