No one can deny Modi`s popularity: Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: Amid growing popularity within the BJP over naming Narendra Modi as the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 general election, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday evaded a direct answer and said that none could deny the popularity of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"It will be decided by the central parliamentary board. I can`t say anything as of now. But one thing is for sure, no one can deny the popularity of Narendra Modi," Singh said when asked whether Modi will be the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
A few days ago BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said that Modi was one of the eight top BJP leaders who could be the party`s prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls.
Modi had grabbed the limelight at the party`s recent National Council Meet with Singh lauding him for three consecutive victories in the Assembly polls.
Singh also dubbed rumours of BJP veteran LK Advani being kept out of important decisions of the party, as hypothetical and baseless.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader, but also our guide (Margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking the BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail