No one can deny Modi`s popularity: Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: Amid growing popularity within the BJP over naming Narendra Modi as the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 general election, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday evaded a direct answer and said that none could deny the popularity of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"It will be decided by the central parliamentary board. I can`t say anything as of now. But one thing is for sure, no one can deny the popularity of Narendra Modi," Singh said when asked whether Modi will be the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
A few days ago BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said that Modi was one of the eight top BJP leaders who could be the party`s prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls.
Modi had grabbed the limelight at the party`s recent National Council Meet with Singh lauding him for three consecutive victories in the Assembly polls.
Singh also dubbed rumours of BJP veteran LK Advani being kept out of important decisions of the party, as hypothetical and baseless.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader, but also our guide (Margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking the BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises