No one can deny Modi`s popularity: Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: Amid growing popularity within the BJP over naming Narendra Modi as the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 general election, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday evaded a direct answer and said that none could deny the popularity of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"It will be decided by the central parliamentary board. I can`t say anything as of now. But one thing is for sure, no one can deny the popularity of Narendra Modi," Singh said when asked whether Modi will be the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
A few days ago BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had said that Modi was one of the eight top BJP leaders who could be the party`s prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls.
Modi had grabbed the limelight at the party`s recent National Council Meet with Singh lauding him for three consecutive victories in the Assembly polls.
Singh also dubbed rumours of BJP veteran LK Advani being kept out of important decisions of the party, as hypothetical and baseless.
"As far as Advaniji is concerned, he is the senior-most leader of our party. He is not only our leader, but also our guide (Margdarshak)," Singh said.
"And, I can say one thing, Advaniji`s contribution in taking the BJP to a national level cannot be forgotten. So these rumours of Advaniji being kept out of the decision making body is totally hypothetical and baseless," Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks