No one is asking how letter was leaked: Somnath
Burdwan, West Bengal: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee said Wednesday nobody was questioning how Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram`s letter to West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, asking the state
government to disarm CPI(M) cadres, was leaked.
"No one is asking how the Home Minister`s letter was leaked, yet a reply is being sought from the chief minister," Chatterjee said.
"Some words have been used in the letter which I have never heard in the course of my long political career," he said apparently referring to use of `harmad vahini` in the
"State government does not function under the Centre. So such language should not be used. The country will be ruined if Centre-State relations are based on politics," he said at a programme here.
In a federal structure, the state and Centre should
have a harmonious relation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police