No one should be called a bastard: Rohit Shekhar
New Delhi: Greatly relieved that his quest to not be called a ‘bastard’ was given a stamp of approval by the Delhi High Court on Friday, Rohit Shekhar said that the humiliating word should not be used in the 21st century.
“No one should go through what I have undergone. I will take what is rightfully mine,” an emotional Rohit said.
In a huge embarrassment to veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari, the court today made public the results of the DNA tests conducted on him, which confirmed that he is the biological father of Rohit Shekhar who had filed a paternity suit against him.
The court had earlier rejected Tiwari`s appeal to hold a trial in the paternity case and reveal results of his DNA tests only after it concludes.
Feeling vindicated, an angry Rohit while talking to a TV channel said that ND Tiwari would have to pay a heavy price for what he had done to him and his mother.
“He has tried to delay court proceedings. It is a shame that he has held top positions like that of the chief minister and governor and was in contention for the post of prime minister and president,” Rohit added.
The High Court, in its April 27 order, had ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit. Rohit Shekhar, 32, had in 2008 filed the suit claiming to be the biological son of Tiwari, 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes