No one should be called a bastard: Rohit Shekhar
New Delhi: Greatly relieved that his quest to not be called a ‘bastard’ was given a stamp of approval by the Delhi High Court on Friday, Rohit Shekhar said that the humiliating word should not be used in the 21st century.
“No one should go through what I have undergone. I will take what is rightfully mine,” an emotional Rohit said.
In a huge embarrassment to veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari, the court today made public the results of the DNA tests conducted on him, which confirmed that he is the biological father of Rohit Shekhar who had filed a paternity suit against him.
The court had earlier rejected Tiwari`s appeal to hold a trial in the paternity case and reveal results of his DNA tests only after it concludes.
Feeling vindicated, an angry Rohit while talking to a TV channel said that ND Tiwari would have to pay a heavy price for what he had done to him and his mother.
“He has tried to delay court proceedings. It is a shame that he has held top positions like that of the chief minister and governor and was in contention for the post of prime minister and president,” Rohit added.
The High Court, in its April 27 order, had ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit. Rohit Shekhar, 32, had in 2008 filed the suit claiming to be the biological son of Tiwari, 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'