No one spoke to me about going back as Maharashtra CM: Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Wednesday scotched speculation about his going back as Chief Minister of Maharashtra, saying no one has spoken to him on the subject but he was proud to be a `Maharashtrian`.
"I do not know myself. Nobody talked to me. At least somebody should have come and talked to me if I am going. But nobody talked to me," he said at a press conference here.
Shinde was replying to a question on speculation that he was going to swap the responsibility with Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Asked if such an offer comes to him what would be his stand, the former Chief Minister of the state said "I have not been asked, so how can I say? It is a hypothetical question".
"I belong to the state. I born and brought up there. My whole career is from Maharashtra and I am proud of Maharashtra," he said.
71-year-old Shinde was Maharashtra Chief Minister from January 2003 to October 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'