No one will spend even 1 paisa for Congress rally: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The war of words between the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party over the latter`s decision to charge Rs 5 as an entry fee for Narendra Modi`s rally in Hyderabad intensified on Tuesday.
Hours after Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari taunted that the price of the ticket "discovers true value" (of the leader), BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said: "Probably no one would even spend 1 paisa to listen to them (Congress) in rallies."
On Twitter, Tewari remarked: "Baba Pravachan Ticket Rs 100-100,000Cinema ticket Rs 200-500 even for box office flop Ticket to hear` a` CM Rs 5 Market discovers true value(sic)."
Upping the ante, Lekhi said the Congress party has to pay money to people to make them listen to its rallies.
"Those who have made lives of the people miserable by hiking prices, reducing quality of food etc have no business talking about cheaper prices of tickets for rallies," she added.
Meanwhile, another BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar tweeted: "I can understand Manish Tewari`s heartburn as people are eager to listen to BJP leaders by paying fees and not listen to Congress leaders even if they are ready to pay the audience."
Earlier in the day, Tewari had told a news agency that the BJP`s stunt shows the party will "now impose a listening tax", asking, "is this a precursor to Fascism?"
Interestingly, the BJP has announced that it plans to donate the money raised from Modi’s Hyderabad rally to help in the relief and rehabilitation of Uttarakhand floods victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price