No order, factory declares suspension of work
Kalyani: Authorities of a 28-year-old factory producing railway equipment in Nadia district today declared suspension of work because of lack of order, the company management said.
Castle Industries (Private) Limited followed Shalimar Paints` Howrah plant that declared suspension of work on Wednesday.
Workers found the notice at the plant gate at the Kalyani Industrial Estate area here in the morning.
Plant manager Bishnu Kumar Choukhan said, "We have not been getting any order for a year. At this situation, how can the plant run? Still, the management has been paying wage to the workers."
The 80 odd workers of the factory used to come only to sign in the attendance register for the past one year as there was no work, Choukhan said.
"A new government has come to the Centre. If we get order from it, the company may revive," he said.
Workers demonstrated in front of the factory after seeing the suspension of work notice.
INTTUC Nadia district president Sunil Kumar Tarafdar said, "We shall sit in a discussion with the labour department so that the problem is solved."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'