No order, factory declares suspension of work
Kalyani: Authorities of a 28-year-old factory producing railway equipment in Nadia district today declared suspension of work because of lack of order, the company management said.
Castle Industries (Private) Limited followed Shalimar Paints` Howrah plant that declared suspension of work on Wednesday.
Workers found the notice at the plant gate at the Kalyani Industrial Estate area here in the morning.
Plant manager Bishnu Kumar Choukhan said, "We have not been getting any order for a year. At this situation, how can the plant run? Still, the management has been paying wage to the workers."
The 80 odd workers of the factory used to come only to sign in the attendance register for the past one year as there was no work, Choukhan said.
"A new government has come to the Centre. If we get order from it, the company may revive," he said.
Workers demonstrated in front of the factory after seeing the suspension of work notice.
INTTUC Nadia district president Sunil Kumar Tarafdar said, "We shall sit in a discussion with the labour department so that the problem is solved."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'