No outbreak of any disease in Uttarakhand: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Thursday said no outbreak of any water, food or air-borne disease has been reported from the flood-affected areas of Uttarakhand.
A three-member high-level committee from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is in Dehradun to review the public health situations with state health authorities. The team had left on Wednesday.
"No outbreak of water borne/food borne/air borne or direct contact diseases has been reported from affected areas," said a Health Ministry statement.
It added that after picking up early warning signals, diarrhoea cases in Haridwar (Alwalpur), Uttarkashi (Udvi) and Rudraprayag (Chandrapuri) has been managed at incipient stage.
The ministry said district units of Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), NRHM is conducting health surveillance in all affected districts.
It said three central public health teams have already been posted in Uttarakhand and they have reported to Principal Secretary, Health in Uttarakhand since June 23. Eight additional teams are also kept on standby, ready to move at short notice, the ministry said.
A specialist from National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme has been placed with the state government for providing assistance on matters pertaining to vector borne diseases, it said.
"The first three-member team from NIMHANS for providing psycho-social support is reaching Dehradun today in the afternoon. Two more teams (three-member each) are also on the way," the statement said.
According to the ministry, the state government has requested for specified quantity of 60 drug and non-drug items and three truckloads of these medical supplies have been delivered.
On the state`s request, 10,00,000 chlorine tablets are being procured by the Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!