No party can defeat Cong if it works for poor: Rahul
Raipur: No political party can defeat the Congress if it sticks to its ideology of "working for poor people", party general secretary Rahul Gandhi said here Friday.
"Congress loses elections only when its fails to follow the party`s ideology of working for poor people," Gandhi said at a press conference at the Chhatisgarh capital, adding: "Congress will try its best to ensure every poor person lives with self respect."
He said if the party did not deviate from its focus, neither the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nor the Left parties could defeat it.
"India is progressing fast, though one part of the country is recording a growth of about 7.5 percent while the other part is deprived from development, which is seen in Chhattisgarh also," he said.
"My target is to ensure India`s both sides taste the fruit of development and each Indian lives with self respect," he observed.
Rahul Gandhi reminded his audience: "My father (former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi) said 85 paisa out of every rupee earmarked for development fails to reach real beneficiaries."
The Congress leader, who reached Chhattisgarh late Thursday evening on a two-day visit, is scheduled to interact with members of the National Students Union of India (NSUI), the party`s students wing, in Jagdalpur, Raipur, Bilaspur and Korba towns before leaving for New Delhi Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA