No party can defeat Cong if it works for poor: Rahul
Raipur: No political party can defeat the Congress if it sticks to its ideology of "working for poor people", party general secretary Rahul Gandhi said here Friday.
"Congress loses elections only when its fails to follow the party`s ideology of working for poor people," Gandhi said at a press conference at the Chhatisgarh capital, adding: "Congress will try its best to ensure every poor person lives with self respect."
He said if the party did not deviate from its focus, neither the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nor the Left parties could defeat it.
"India is progressing fast, though one part of the country is recording a growth of about 7.5 percent while the other part is deprived from development, which is seen in Chhattisgarh also," he said.
"My target is to ensure India`s both sides taste the fruit of development and each Indian lives with self respect," he observed.
Rahul Gandhi reminded his audience: "My father (former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi) said 85 paisa out of every rupee earmarked for development fails to reach real beneficiaries."
The Congress leader, who reached Chhattisgarh late Thursday evening on a two-day visit, is scheduled to interact with members of the National Students Union of India (NSUI), the party`s students wing, in Jagdalpur, Raipur, Bilaspur and Korba towns before leaving for New Delhi Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’