No party can defeat Cong if it works for poor: Rahul
Raipur: No political party can defeat the Congress if it sticks to its ideology of "working for poor people", party general secretary Rahul Gandhi said here Friday.
"Congress loses elections only when its fails to follow the party`s ideology of working for poor people," Gandhi said at a press conference at the Chhatisgarh capital, adding: "Congress will try its best to ensure every poor person lives with self respect."
He said if the party did not deviate from its focus, neither the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) nor the Left parties could defeat it.
"India is progressing fast, though one part of the country is recording a growth of about 7.5 percent while the other part is deprived from development, which is seen in Chhattisgarh also," he said.
"My target is to ensure India`s both sides taste the fruit of development and each Indian lives with self respect," he observed.
Rahul Gandhi reminded his audience: "My father (former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi) said 85 paisa out of every rupee earmarked for development fails to reach real beneficiaries."
The Congress leader, who reached Chhattisgarh late Thursday evening on a two-day visit, is scheduled to interact with members of the National Students Union of India (NSUI), the party`s students wing, in Jagdalpur, Raipur, Bilaspur and Korba towns before leaving for New Delhi Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs