No party should do politics on U`khand disaster: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday hit back at Congress for attacking Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rescue efforts in flood-affected Uttarakhand and said no politics should be played on such a sensitive issue.
"As far as the calamity in Uttarakhand is concerned, I would like to say that no political party should do any politics. If a Chief Minister or any political party wants to help the victims of the Uttarakhand incident then I feel this help should be accepted," BJP President Rajnath Singh told reporters.
Congress leaders and Union ministers had ridiculed Modi`s visit to Uttarakhand and his claim that he had helped in evacuating 15,000 Gujaratis in a short span of time.
On the other hand, Congress leaders hailed the visit of Rahul Gandhi to the flood-affected regions of the hill state.
"Any politics being done on the issue by the Congress is condemnable," Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living