No party should do politics on U`khand disaster: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday hit back at Congress for attacking Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rescue efforts in flood-affected Uttarakhand and said no politics should be played on such a sensitive issue.
"As far as the calamity in Uttarakhand is concerned, I would like to say that no political party should do any politics. If a Chief Minister or any political party wants to help the victims of the Uttarakhand incident then I feel this help should be accepted," BJP President Rajnath Singh told reporters.
Congress leaders and Union ministers had ridiculed Modi`s visit to Uttarakhand and his claim that he had helped in evacuating 15,000 Gujaratis in a short span of time.
On the other hand, Congress leaders hailed the visit of Rahul Gandhi to the flood-affected regions of the hill state.
"Any politics being done on the issue by the Congress is condemnable," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman