No peace till my son’s head is returned: Soldier’s mother
New Delhi: The family of Lance Naik Hemraj, one of the two soldiers brutally killed by Pakistani troops in J&K, has demanded that the missing head of the brave soldier be found at the earliest.
His inconsolable mother said that the family couldn’t see their breadwinner one last time, adding that they won’t get peace till the missing head is found.
Hemraj is survived by his wife Dharmvati, mother Meena, two daughters -- Nirmal (8), Kallo (3), son Prince and brothers Puran and Jai Singh. He was cremated with full military honours at his native village Khairar amid chanting of `Hemraj Amar Rahen`.
Indian officials said the Pakistani soldiers sneaked some 600 meters into a forested part of Sona Gali under the cover of a thick fog and killed the two soldiers who were leading an Indian patrol.
The two soldiers were ambushed amid a thick fog that greatly reduced visibility in the area.
He said the patrol spotted some movement ahead, sparking a gun battle that lasted about 25 minutes.
When the patrol reached the two scouts, they found them beheaded.
The Indian Army said the head was taken away by the intruders dressed in black who officials said could be from the 29 Baloch Regiment.
India has lodged a "strong protest" with Pakistan after Pakistani troops shot dead and beheaded two of its soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir in a gory replay of the 1999 Kargil killings.
In a strongly worded statement, India said the two "were killed ... and their bodies subjected to barbaric and inhuman mutilation".
New Delhi asked Islamabad to immediately probe the killings, which it said violated "all norms of international conduct".
Indian leaders made no efforts to hide their disgust.
Defence Minister AK Antony called the Tuesday killings in the border district of Poonch "highly provocative. The way they have treated the body of the Indian soldiers, it is inhuman".
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said the mutilation of the soldiers was "an extremely sensitive matter".
Pakistan denied its involvement in the latest killings but India refused to buy the argument.
"Our troops did not carry out attack. Indians are making counter claims to cover their attack on a Pakistani post (Jan 6)," a Pakistani official said in Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt