No permission to Anna`s fast "undemocratic": BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday dubbed as
"undemocratic" the government`s refusal of permission to Anna
Hazare to go on a fast against the Lokpal Bill, saying it "is
an attempt to throttle and scuttle the voice of the people"
"We are of the firm belief that any individual, civil
society, organisation or political party, which raises its
voice against corruption, has a right to do so. Congress,
which is deeply involved in corruption, has no moral courage
to fight corruption. They want to crush, throttle and scuttle
any voice raised against corruption," BJP spokesperson Jagat
Prakash Nadda said.
BJP also described the union cabinet-approved Lokpal
Bill as a "ploy to hoodwink" the people.
"We will fight out democratically all anti-democracy
designs of Congress. The government is not serious about
checking corruption," Nadda said.
BJP wants the Prime Minister to be brought within the
purview of the Lokpal but the government Bill does not say so.
There are other points of differences as well.
The opposition plans to voice its differences with the
Bill in the Standing Committee of Parliament and when it comes
up for debate in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!