No plan to grant MFN status to India: Pakistan
Islamabad: The Pakistan government on Monday said it has no immediate plan to grant the most favoured nation (MFN) status to India.
Pakistan`s Finance Minister Ishaq Dar said there was no immediate recommendation being considered to grant India the MFN status, Geo News reported.
Dar told the TV channel there was a need to normalise relations with India on a number of issues. "There is no immediate consideration to grant India MFN status."
Relations between the two South Asian neighbours have been strained after India accused the Pakistan army of killing five soldiers at the Line of Control (LoC) last week. Pakistan has rejected the accusation.
Over the last few days, there have been a number of ceasefire violations on the LoC.
Also, Pakistan Monday summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gopal Baglay to express its "serious concern" over alleged ceasefire violations on the Line of Control over the past few days.
Pakistan also requested the Indian government to ensure security and safety of offices of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) in India following threats, purportedly by the Shiv Sena, to shut down its Delhi and Mumbai offices, the Pakistan High Commission said in New Delhi.
According to an Indian defence spokesperson in Jammu, Pakistani troops violated the bilateral ceasefire thrice since Sunday, firing at Indian positions from across the border.
India responded to the Pakistani fire, and the exchange of fire continued till 3.30 a.m. Monday. Indian forces said Pakistan used heavy weapons to fire at the Indian positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends