No plan to grant MFN status to India: Pakistan
Islamabad: The Pakistan government on Monday said it has no immediate plan to grant the most favoured nation (MFN) status to India.
Pakistan`s Finance Minister Ishaq Dar said there was no immediate recommendation being considered to grant India the MFN status, Geo News reported.
Dar told the TV channel there was a need to normalise relations with India on a number of issues. "There is no immediate consideration to grant India MFN status."
Relations between the two South Asian neighbours have been strained after India accused the Pakistan army of killing five soldiers at the Line of Control (LoC) last week. Pakistan has rejected the accusation.
Over the last few days, there have been a number of ceasefire violations on the LoC.
Also, Pakistan Monday summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gopal Baglay to express its "serious concern" over alleged ceasefire violations on the Line of Control over the past few days.
Pakistan also requested the Indian government to ensure security and safety of offices of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) in India following threats, purportedly by the Shiv Sena, to shut down its Delhi and Mumbai offices, the Pakistan High Commission said in New Delhi.
According to an Indian defence spokesperson in Jammu, Pakistani troops violated the bilateral ceasefire thrice since Sunday, firing at Indian positions from across the border.
India responded to the Pakistani fire, and the exchange of fire continued till 3.30 a.m. Monday. Indian forces said Pakistan used heavy weapons to fire at the Indian positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP