No plans to move to Centre if Modi becomes PM: Manohar Parrikar
New Delhi: Goa`s BJP Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said he had no plans to move to the Centre if his party formed the next government under the leadership of Narendra Modi.
"I will remain in Goa. The decision will be taken when it is required, why today. I am chief minister (of Goa) and happy to remain so," he told PTI.
The Goa CM, who is serving his third term in office, is also a member of BJP`s national central campaign committee along with two other party CMs, Shivraj Singh Chauhan of Madhya Pradesh and Raman Singh of Chhattisgarh. Parrikar is the first chief minister of Goa from his party.
He was also the first among the BJP CMs who had openly backed Modi as the party`s prime ministerial candidate when its conclave was held in Goa in June of last year.
The BJP had declared Modi as its nominee for the PM`s post in September last year.
Various opinion polls have predicted that BJP, under Modi, would get about 200-220 seats in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi