No point of special session till deadlock persists: JD(U)
New Delhi: JD(U) president Sharad Yadav on Friday disagreed with the demand to call for a special session of Parliament to clear the Bill for reservations in promotions for SC/ST employees in view of the UPA-NDA deadlock.
"There is a deadlock between the NDA and the UPA. As long as this deadlock is not resolved, there is no point in calling any special session of Parliament or extending it," Yadav, who is also the convener of NDA, said.
He also asserted that JD-U fully supports the bill for quota in promotion to the SCs/STs and the JD-BJP government in Bihar had cleared such a bill for the state in August itself.
Yadav said that any exercise of calling for a special session of Parliament will "not serve any purpose" as long as the logjam between the government and the BJP-led Opposition continues on the coal block allocation issue.
The JD(U) leader had yesterday also dismissed BSP`s demand to extend the Monsoon session of Parliament saying it will be useless and wastage of time unless the deadlock is resolved.
After Parliament was adjourned sine die, Mayawati demanded that a special session of Parliament should be called this month to clear the Bill for reservation in promotions for SC/ST employees.
"We have requested the Centre to call a special session of Parliament this month to get this Bill cleared but before that the Government should ensure that the House will function smoothly," BSP supremo Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament.
The BSP had yesterday sought an extension of the Monsoon session by 10-12 days to get the Bill cleared.
Blaming the Congress for not getting the Bill cleared, the BSP leader said the government had listed the Bill for discussion in the Rajya Sabha today but it didn`t take it up in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi