No political motive for being Lalu’s counsel: Jethmalani
Ranchi: Expelled BJP leader Ram Jethmalani on Friday dismissed any political motive behind representing RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case.
"For me politics and profession are separate things," Jethmalani said, adding one should not interpret it of any political motive.
Jethmalani was replying to a media query as to how he agreed to defend Prasad when his principles were opposite to that of the former Bihar chief minister.
The veteran lawyer was here to defend Yadav’s petition pleading Jharkhand High Court to transfer a fodder case from one special CBI court to another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- India ready to give 'all help': EAM Swaraj to Myanmar
- Iran chastises Russia for publicising use of Iranian bases
- Poll shows that most Israelis, Palestinians still seek peace
- Gionee to set up manufacturing unit, invest Rs 500 crore
- 26/11 Mumbai attack case: Pak court sends terror financier to judicial custody, snubs investigators