No political motive for being Lalu’s counsel: Jethmalani
Ranchi: Expelled BJP leader Ram Jethmalani on Friday dismissed any political motive behind representing RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case.
"For me politics and profession are separate things," Jethmalani said, adding one should not interpret it of any political motive.
Jethmalani was replying to a media query as to how he agreed to defend Prasad when his principles were opposite to that of the former Bihar chief minister.
The veteran lawyer was here to defend Yadav’s petition pleading Jharkhand High Court to transfer a fodder case from one special CBI court to another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’