No political party responded to my call on Yatra: Anna Hazare
Amritsar: Social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday said before starting `Janatantra Yatra` he had written to political parties to join him but none came forward.
`Janatantra Yatra`, which is all set to start from tomorrow here, will garner support against the UPA Government`s policies.
Hazare said that before deciding on the Yatra, he wrote to all the political parties to join him but none of them came forward.
Hazare also announced that after five months a big Jan-Sansad (public rally) will be organised at Ramlila Ground in the national capital.
Hazare said that from tomorrow (Sunday) he along with activists will begin a series of public rallies while carrying 25-point agenda under the banner of `Janatantra Yatra` to garner people`s support against the Congress-led UPA Government.
"The public needs to be awakened and organised on matters like the Jan Lokpal Bill and Right to Reject. The country can witness a change only through a mass movement or mass revolution," said Hazare.
"If all the crusaders come on a single platform, only then change would come to the nation. Separately our power is scattered, but together we stand united and strong like a steel pillar," he said.
Hazare will address eight public rallies in Punjab during his five-day `Janatantra Yatra` beginning Sunday from Amritsar.
Addressing a press conference here, Anna said his people will bring drastic change by creating awakening among the people of the nation, who are "fed with the current lethargic system being run by corrupt politicians."
Hazare will start the first phase of his yatra after paying obeisance at Durgiana Mandir and Golden Temple besides paying tribute to the martyrs at the Jallianwalla Bagh.
Former Army chief General VK Singh was also present at the press conference.
The rally will pass through Rayya and Beas towns before reaching Kapurthala and Jalandhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what