No possibility of Third Front: Sharad Yadav
Jabalpur: Ruling out the possibility of formation of Third Front, Janata Dal (U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said new alliances by "some parties" may, however, emerge post Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no possibility of a Third Front in the country. As Congress is the basis of UPA, BJP is the basis of NDA," Yadav told reporters here.
"NDA was, is and will continue to exist but some parties may join some other organisation after Lok Sabha polls," the NDA convener said.
He was referring to those parties that are not part of either UPA or NDA.
Criticising the Centre for permitting FDI in multi-brand retail, Yadav said the decision will take away jobs of nearly 25-30 crore people in the country who earn their livelihood in retail market.
"The foreign companies will take away money from India to their own country with this decision at the cost of making a large number of jobless," he said.
On coal mines allocation issue, the JD(U) chief said Congress should take action against union minister Subodh Kant Sahay, Maharashtra Congress minister Vijay Darda, party MP Naveen Jindal and mining baron Manoj Jaiswal on "moral grounds".
"When my name figured in the Hawala scam, I had resigned from my post on moral grounds," he said.
On Anna Hazare, Yadav said the Gandhian was doing a "good job" in his village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra.
Taking an apparent dig at erstwhile Team Anna members, Yadav said "since Hazare was brought to Delhi on April 5, 2011 by some persons, not even a mouse, leave alone high officials or leaders, was arrested on the charges of corruption".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video