No possibility of Third Front: Sharad Yadav
Jabalpur: Ruling out the possibility of formation of Third Front, Janata Dal (U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said new alliances by "some parties" may, however, emerge post Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no possibility of a Third Front in the country. As Congress is the basis of UPA, BJP is the basis of NDA," Yadav told reporters here.
"NDA was, is and will continue to exist but some parties may join some other organisation after Lok Sabha polls," the NDA convener said.
He was referring to those parties that are not part of either UPA or NDA.
Criticising the Centre for permitting FDI in multi-brand retail, Yadav said the decision will take away jobs of nearly 25-30 crore people in the country who earn their livelihood in retail market.
"The foreign companies will take away money from India to their own country with this decision at the cost of making a large number of jobless," he said.
On coal mines allocation issue, the JD(U) chief said Congress should take action against union minister Subodh Kant Sahay, Maharashtra Congress minister Vijay Darda, party MP Naveen Jindal and mining baron Manoj Jaiswal on "moral grounds".
"When my name figured in the Hawala scam, I had resigned from my post on moral grounds," he said.
On Anna Hazare, Yadav said the Gandhian was doing a "good job" in his village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra.
Taking an apparent dig at erstwhile Team Anna members, Yadav said "since Hazare was brought to Delhi on April 5, 2011 by some persons, not even a mouse, leave alone high officials or leaders, was arrested on the charges of corruption".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened