No possibility of Third Front: Sharad Yadav
Jabalpur: Ruling out the possibility of formation of Third Front, Janata Dal (U) president Sharad Yadav on Monday said new alliances by "some parties" may, however, emerge post Lok Sabha polls.
"There is no possibility of a Third Front in the country. As Congress is the basis of UPA, BJP is the basis of NDA," Yadav told reporters here.
"NDA was, is and will continue to exist but some parties may join some other organisation after Lok Sabha polls," the NDA convener said.
He was referring to those parties that are not part of either UPA or NDA.
Criticising the Centre for permitting FDI in multi-brand retail, Yadav said the decision will take away jobs of nearly 25-30 crore people in the country who earn their livelihood in retail market.
"The foreign companies will take away money from India to their own country with this decision at the cost of making a large number of jobless," he said.
On coal mines allocation issue, the JD(U) chief said Congress should take action against union minister Subodh Kant Sahay, Maharashtra Congress minister Vijay Darda, party MP Naveen Jindal and mining baron Manoj Jaiswal on "moral grounds".
"When my name figured in the Hawala scam, I had resigned from my post on moral grounds," he said.
On Anna Hazare, Yadav said the Gandhian was doing a "good job" in his village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra.
Taking an apparent dig at erstwhile Team Anna members, Yadav said "since Hazare was brought to Delhi on April 5, 2011 by some persons, not even a mouse, leave alone high officials or leaders, was arrested on the charges of corruption".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day