No possibility of UPA-III: Trinamool leader
Kolkata: Slamming the Congress-led UPA government for providing "special benefits" to some states and giving West Bengal a miss, Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandopadhyay on Thursday said there was no possibility of a UPA-III coming to power.
"The way UPA-II is functioning, there is no chance that there will be UPA-III ... There will be no UPA-III," Bandopadhyay told a party rally at Sealdah here.
"We will battle the Congress government on why it is sidelining our state," he said.
He said regional parties would have a major role to play after the Lok Sabha election. "The regional parties are assuming primary positions, and Trinamool Congress` power will prevail."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family