No pressure on cops probing Tejpal sexual assault case: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday ruled out any political pressure in the investigation in the case of alleged sexual assault by Tehelka Editor Tarun Tejpal against a woman colleague.
"I am not monitoring the case. In fact, I was briefed about the case by the police after the filing of the first information report (FIR)," Parrikar said.
The Chief Minister said he has told police not to be bogged down by any pressure, however important the accused is.
He said that the direction of the probe into the case would be decided by the Investigating Officer.
"It is not the chief minister but the Investigating Officer who comes to an opinion," Parrikar added.
Parrikar said he is not taking any updates from the officers investigating the case.
A special team of Goa police has already left for Delhi to pursue the investigation. The team is likely to, among others, question Tehelka Managing Editor Shoma Choudhary in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic