No promise for Amethi on IT: Bill Gates
Patna: Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates today
denied media reports that he had made any promise in the field
of IT sector during his visit to Amethi, the Lok Sabha
constituency of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
Gates said the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation had
accorded priority to help contain and eradicate infectious
diseases and focus on developing ways to fight and prevent
enteric and diarrhoeal diseases, pneumonia, tuberculoisis and
kala-azar in Bihar.
"I did not make any promise in the IT sector in Amethi...
In fact, I have not spoken anything on the IT during the past
one week", Gates told mediapersons after the Foundation and
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar government initialled a
Memorandum of Cooperation on the work to fight infectious
diseases in Bihar.
Asked whether he harboured plans to make Bihar an IT hub,
Gates said his visit to the state for the first time today was
aimed at signing of the MoC to fight infectious diseases.
"We may be discussing these things during the course of
time", he said and congratulated the chief minister and his
government for the efforts being made to counter infectious
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie