No proposal for unemployment allowance: Govt
New Delhi: The Government is not mulling any
unemployment allowance, Parliament was informed today.
"There is no proposal under consideration of the
Government to give unemployment allowance," Minister of state
for Finance S S Palanimanickam told the Lok Sabha in a written
However, he said, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) Act provides for daily
unemployment allowance to such applicants who are not provided
employment within the stipulated time under this scheme.
Quoting information provided by the Ministry of Labour
and Employment, Palanimanickam said the Government is
implementing various employment generation and poverty
alleviation programmes in both rural and urban areas.
These programmes include, National Rural Livelihood
Mission, Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana, Prime
Minister`s Employment Generation Programme and MGNREG etc,
and benefit the unemployed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP