No proposal for unemployment allowance: Govt
New Delhi: The Government is not mulling any
unemployment allowance, Parliament was informed today.
"There is no proposal under consideration of the
Government to give unemployment allowance," Minister of state
for Finance S S Palanimanickam told the Lok Sabha in a written
However, he said, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) Act provides for daily
unemployment allowance to such applicants who are not provided
employment within the stipulated time under this scheme.
Quoting information provided by the Ministry of Labour
and Employment, Palanimanickam said the Government is
implementing various employment generation and poverty
alleviation programmes in both rural and urban areas.
These programmes include, National Rural Livelihood
Mission, Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana, Prime
Minister`s Employment Generation Programme and MGNREG etc,
and benefit the unemployed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur