No proposal for unemployment allowance: Govt
New Delhi: The Government is not mulling any
unemployment allowance, Parliament was informed today.
"There is no proposal under consideration of the
Government to give unemployment allowance," Minister of state
for Finance S S Palanimanickam told the Lok Sabha in a written
However, he said, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) Act provides for daily
unemployment allowance to such applicants who are not provided
employment within the stipulated time under this scheme.
Quoting information provided by the Ministry of Labour
and Employment, Palanimanickam said the Government is
implementing various employment generation and poverty
alleviation programmes in both rural and urban areas.
These programmes include, National Rural Livelihood
Mission, Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana, Prime
Minister`s Employment Generation Programme and MGNREG etc,
and benefit the unemployed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves