No proposal to create Indian Medical Service: Govt
New Delhi: The government has not taken any step to create an Indian Medical Service, close on the lines of IAS and IPS, for super specialist doctors, the Rajya Sabha was informed Thursday.
"As intimated by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the government has not initiated any proposal for creation of a Indian Medical Service and as such no specific steps have been taken in this regard," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
However, representations from various quarters have been received on the subject, he said.
"Health being a state subject, consultation with the state governments is a prerequisite for consideration of the matter," the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside