No proposal to create Indian Medical Service: Govt
New Delhi: The government has not taken any step to create an Indian Medical Service, close on the lines of IAS and IPS, for super specialist doctors, the Rajya Sabha was informed Thursday.
"As intimated by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the government has not initiated any proposal for creation of a Indian Medical Service and as such no specific steps have been taken in this regard," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
However, representations from various quarters have been received on the subject, he said.
"Health being a state subject, consultation with the state governments is a prerequisite for consideration of the matter," the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef