`No proposal to set up new commands for space asset`
New Delhi: Government has not received any proposal to set up new commands to handle country`s space assets, cyber infrastructure and for controlling commando operations, Defence Minister AK Antony told the Lok Sabha Monday.
In a written reply, he said that "no proposal to set up three new commands to handle threats to country`s space assets, cyber infrastructure and for controlling commando operations has been received by the government."
Any such proposal, as and when received, will be considered in consultation with the concerned, Antony said.
In reply to a question on alleged misuse of defence aircraft by VIPs, he said, "As per the existing instructions, only Prime Minister is entitled to use Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft for non-official visits for reasons of security as well as for due performance as the Head of the Government."
He also denied that any bill is pending in connection with the visits of the Prime Minister.
"No bill is pending for payment in connection with Prime Minister`s non-official visits from December 2006 to December 2012. Bills for airlift for use of IAF aircraft are raised by IAF from time to time and necessary action is taken thereon," Antony said.
He replied in the negative to a query whether the operational life of a large proportion of combat and cargo aircraft and helicopter fleet of the IAF is going to end in the near future, he said. "The IAF operates a fleet of aircraft of varying vintage," the Minister said.
Antony also said that upgradation, replacement and phasing out of aircraft is an ongoing and continuous process.
On whether financial irregularities have been reported in Scorpene project, he said, "A complaint was received alleging financial irregularities against the then Director in-charge of Scorpene Submarine project in a Defence Shipyard. The complaint is under enquiry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city