`No proposal to set up new commands for space asset`
New Delhi: Government has not received any proposal to set up new commands to handle country`s space assets, cyber infrastructure and for controlling commando operations, Defence Minister AK Antony told the Lok Sabha Monday.
In a written reply, he said that "no proposal to set up three new commands to handle threats to country`s space assets, cyber infrastructure and for controlling commando operations has been received by the government."
Any such proposal, as and when received, will be considered in consultation with the concerned, Antony said.
In reply to a question on alleged misuse of defence aircraft by VIPs, he said, "As per the existing instructions, only Prime Minister is entitled to use Indian Air Force (IAF) aircraft for non-official visits for reasons of security as well as for due performance as the Head of the Government."
He also denied that any bill is pending in connection with the visits of the Prime Minister.
"No bill is pending for payment in connection with Prime Minister`s non-official visits from December 2006 to December 2012. Bills for airlift for use of IAF aircraft are raised by IAF from time to time and necessary action is taken thereon," Antony said.
He replied in the negative to a query whether the operational life of a large proportion of combat and cargo aircraft and helicopter fleet of the IAF is going to end in the near future, he said. "The IAF operates a fleet of aircraft of varying vintage," the Minister said.
Antony also said that upgradation, replacement and phasing out of aircraft is an ongoing and continuous process.
On whether financial irregularities have been reported in Scorpene project, he said, "A complaint was received alleging financial irregularities against the then Director in-charge of Scorpene Submarine project in a Defence Shipyard. The complaint is under enquiry."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference