No quake effect on n-plants in Guj, Maha
New Delhi: The two earthquakes that jolted
Maharashtra on Saturday had no impact on nuclear power plants in the
state, India`s nuclear operator said.
"No effect was felt at any of the nuclear power plants
and all the reactors continue to operate normally," S
Krishnamurthy, Executive Director (Operations) of Nuclear
Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) said.
The NPCIL operates four nuclear power plants at Tarapur
in Thane district of the state with a total capacity of
generating 1400 MW of electricity.
It also operates two 220 MW nuclear power plants at
Kakrapar in Surat district of Gujarat.
Two earthquakes shook Maharashtra this morning.
A 4.1 magnitude temblor with epicenter at Kutch in
Gujarat struck the region at 8:55 am.
A 4.9 magnitude quake, which had its epicenter near
Satara shook the region at 10:50 am.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife