No question of isolating Khurshid within the govt: Soni
New Delhi: Backing Salman Khurshid, two senior Union Ministers Monday said there was no question of the Law Minister being isolated within the government following allegations of misappropriation of funds by an NGO headed by him.
"There is no question of isolation or not backing (Khurshid)," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters here after a meeting of the Group of Ministers on Media.
Khurshid, who also attended the meeting, refused to answer any questions and left waving a thumbs up sign to waiting reporters.
"There is no question of distancing. He (Khurshid) has made it clear that there is nothing wrong. There is no question of distancing (from him)," Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said.
Soni said she had nothing more to add to what Khurshid had said at a press conference yesterday.
Social Justice Minister Mukul Wasnik had made a statement on the Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust and the state funds it has been receiving since 2003, she said.
"As far as recent issues are concerned, an investigation is being conducted by the Uttar Pradesh government," Soni said.
She appeared to brush aside activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal`s latest set of allegations against Khurshid.
"I cannot take on all the questions Kejriwal is making round the clock. He has been making quite a few charges and changing the charges by the hour," Soni said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video