No question of Mohan Bhagwat`s involvement in blast conspiracy: Bitta
Nagpur: Opposing any clemency for terrorists, Chairman of All-India Anti-Terrorist Front Maninderjeet Singh Bitta on Tuesday demanded setting up of military courts for speedy disposal of terror attack cases.
"The best and effective way to deal with terror cases is to set up military courts. The judges should also be appointed from military judicial system and all such cases be decided within six months," Bitta told reporters here.
"The political system in the country is going from bad to worse. Parties are indulging in vote bank politics and talking of giving pardon to terrorists, who killed innocent people, policemen and armymen," Bitta said.
He was apparently referring to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal who has sought clemency for Khalistani militant and 1993 Delhi bomb blast convict Devender Pal Singh Bhullar.
"Those, who have voted Kejriwal to power, did not expect such a stand for a terrorist from him," Bitta said.
The former All India Youth Congress president also criticised Union Minister Kapil Sibal for defending Bhullar.
"It is unfortunate that those who defended terrorists in the court of law are ministers in the government. He (Sibal) was the one who defended Bhullar and later became Minister for Law and Justice," Bitta, who survived a terror attack by Bhullar, said.
Replying to a query, Bitta said he did not agree with Swami Aseemanand`s revelation that RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat had prior knowledge of the Samjhauta Express blast.
"There is no question of Mohan Bhagwat`s involvement in the blast conspiracy. There is neither Hindu terror or Muslim terror," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp