No record of statements by MPs: PMO on Anna row
New Delhi: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) has said, that allegation against Anna Hazare and his associates "are not a matter of record" with it.
"Allegations leveled by individuals, which are part of investigative procedures, would be the concern of the specific investigating agencies or public authorities, which are dealing with the subject," the Prime Minister`s Office said, replying to an RTI query.
The PMO was asked to give details of allegations of corruption leveled against Hazare and his three associates, former IPS officer Kiran Bedi, RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal and eminent lawyer Prashant Bhushan by Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh and MP Manish Tewari.
"Statements made by leaders/MPs are not a matter of record of this office. Any statement made by an individual may have originated on the basis of knowledge held by that person
concerned and can, therefore, be accessed from that person or any public authority concerned.
"This office is not the public authority in respect of the information sought based on statement originated from these leaders/MPs and no public authority can be identified which may hold the record," it said, in reply to an RTI filed by advocate Vivek Garg.
Earlier this month, Tewari had alleged that Hazare was corrupt from "head to toe", a statement, which he withdrew after almost a fortnight and publicly apologized for it.
Similarly, Singh has denied making any statement against the anti-graft campaigner.
Hazare was on fast for 12 days since, August 16 demanding stricter anti-corruption law.
Exercising his Right to Information, Garg had also sought details of Justice Sawant Commission`s report claiming corruption charges against Hazare or any of his associate NGOs, which were denied by the government.
"The information sought pertains to State Government of Maharashtra," the reply added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH