No reference made to SG on querying CVC in coal scam
New Delhi: CBI on Tuesday said it has made no reference to Solicitor General seeking his views on querying Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar in connection with its probe into coal block allocation issue.
CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra dismissed the claims as "baseless and incorrect" that government has given nod to the agency to seek response from CVC Kumar who was posted in the Coal Ministry during the period of probe 2006-09.
"Such news reports are totally baseless and incorrect. No reference has been made by CBI to the Solicitor General in connection with coal related cases under investigation and, therefore, no such `opinion` has been received by CBI in this matter," she said.
The statement came in the wake of a newspaper report claiming that Solicitor General F Nariman is learnt to have told the agency that there was no legal bar on getting CVC`s response who served in the ministry during the period under probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what