No reference made to SG on querying CVC in coal scam
New Delhi: CBI on Tuesday said it has made no reference to Solicitor General seeking his views on querying Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar in connection with its probe into coal block allocation issue.
CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra dismissed the claims as "baseless and incorrect" that government has given nod to the agency to seek response from CVC Kumar who was posted in the Coal Ministry during the period of probe 2006-09.
"Such news reports are totally baseless and incorrect. No reference has been made by CBI to the Solicitor General in connection with coal related cases under investigation and, therefore, no such `opinion` has been received by CBI in this matter," she said.
The statement came in the wake of a newspaper report claiming that Solicitor General F Nariman is learnt to have told the agency that there was no legal bar on getting CVC`s response who served in the ministry during the period under probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe