No relation between RSS and BJP: Mohan Bhagawat
Ranchi: RSS Sarsanghachalak Mohan Madhukar Bhagawat on Thursday said that there was no relation between the RSS and the BJP.
"There is a general belief that BJP is of the Sangh’s. I tell you it is not true. There is no relation between the two, because the Sangh is not in politics. If at all the Sangh wanted to be in politics, then why handover the bridle to others?" Bhagawat asked.
"Swayamsevaks are in all parties. There are more in BJP, but they are also in Congress and in a communist party in West Bengal. So BJP is not the Sangh’s," the RSS ideologue said addressing a function and also answering pre-arranged questions through SMS and emails.
"The fundamentals of the RSS are based on values, morals, service to the nation, adhering to truth and building up a society based on unity, harmony and happiness," he said.
Asked whether the Ram temple would be constructed at Ayodhya, Bhagawat reiterated the RSS` commitment to its construction, but reminded that the case was pending in court.
He also favoured an enactment in Parliament to pave the way for construction of the temple.
On infiltration by Bangladeshis, Bhagawat blamed it on vote bank politics.
"This can be stopped if bribes are not taken for enrolling Bangladeshis and giving them ration cards and enrolling them in voters list," he said.
On reports of Hindus in Pakistan crossing over to India following alleged persecution there, Bhagawat asked the people to treat them as guests and send them off when conditions became conducive in their country.
Responding to a query put by a few Muslims present in the auditorium why RSS was not popular among them, Bhagawat welcomed them and invited them to join the RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured