No relation between RSS and BJP: Mohan Bhagawat
Ranchi: RSS Sarsanghachalak Mohan Madhukar Bhagawat on Thursday said that there was no relation between the RSS and the BJP.
"There is a general belief that BJP is of the Sangh’s. I tell you it is not true. There is no relation between the two, because the Sangh is not in politics. If at all the Sangh wanted to be in politics, then why handover the bridle to others?" Bhagawat asked.
"Swayamsevaks are in all parties. There are more in BJP, but they are also in Congress and in a communist party in West Bengal. So BJP is not the Sangh’s," the RSS ideologue said addressing a function and also answering pre-arranged questions through SMS and emails.
"The fundamentals of the RSS are based on values, morals, service to the nation, adhering to truth and building up a society based on unity, harmony and happiness," he said.
Asked whether the Ram temple would be constructed at Ayodhya, Bhagawat reiterated the RSS` commitment to its construction, but reminded that the case was pending in court.
He also favoured an enactment in Parliament to pave the way for construction of the temple.
On infiltration by Bangladeshis, Bhagawat blamed it on vote bank politics.
"This can be stopped if bribes are not taken for enrolling Bangladeshis and giving them ration cards and enrolling them in voters list," he said.
On reports of Hindus in Pakistan crossing over to India following alleged persecution there, Bhagawat asked the people to treat them as guests and send them off when conditions became conducive in their country.
Responding to a query put by a few Muslims present in the auditorium why RSS was not popular among them, Bhagawat welcomed them and invited them to join the RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another