No relation between RSS and BJP: Mohan Bhagawat
Ranchi: RSS Sarsanghachalak Mohan Madhukar Bhagawat on Thursday said that there was no relation between the RSS and the BJP.
"There is a general belief that BJP is of the Sangh’s. I tell you it is not true. There is no relation between the two, because the Sangh is not in politics. If at all the Sangh wanted to be in politics, then why handover the bridle to others?" Bhagawat asked.
"Swayamsevaks are in all parties. There are more in BJP, but they are also in Congress and in a communist party in West Bengal. So BJP is not the Sangh’s," the RSS ideologue said addressing a function and also answering pre-arranged questions through SMS and emails.
"The fundamentals of the RSS are based on values, morals, service to the nation, adhering to truth and building up a society based on unity, harmony and happiness," he said.
Asked whether the Ram temple would be constructed at Ayodhya, Bhagawat reiterated the RSS` commitment to its construction, but reminded that the case was pending in court.
He also favoured an enactment in Parliament to pave the way for construction of the temple.
On infiltration by Bangladeshis, Bhagawat blamed it on vote bank politics.
"This can be stopped if bribes are not taken for enrolling Bangladeshis and giving them ration cards and enrolling them in voters list," he said.
On reports of Hindus in Pakistan crossing over to India following alleged persecution there, Bhagawat asked the people to treat them as guests and send them off when conditions became conducive in their country.
Responding to a query put by a few Muslims present in the auditorium why RSS was not popular among them, Bhagawat welcomed them and invited them to join the RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Apple devices failing more than Android smartphones: Study
- Piers Morgan vs Indian Twitter: The battle isn't over yet as UK journalist provokes fans with THIS tweet
- Dev Patel's 'Lion' to release in Australia
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives