No report of Chinese incursion in JK: Antony
New Delhi: There is no report of any Chinese incursion in Jammu and Kashmir but the areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) are under constant army surveillance, the Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
"No report of Chinese incursion has been received from the government of Jammu and Kashmir...The areas along LAC are kept under constant surveillance by regular patrolling by troops and other aerial, optronic and electronic means," Defence Minister A K Antony told the Upper House in a written reply.
On naval exercise with Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force, he said, "The first Japan-India Maritime bilateral exercise was conducted on June 9, off Yokosuka, during deployment of Indian Naval ships to south-east Asian countries during May-July 2012...It benefited Indian Navy in operational skills, doctrinal expertise...Search and rescue procedures and in enhancing Maritime Domain awareness."
Replying to a question on failure of BrahMos cruise missile launch in July, he said, "Malfunction of one subsystem resulted in increase in velocity of the missile, crossing the limit and leading to aborting the mission.
The defect has been rectified after analysis."
Further development flight tests will be conducted as a measure of self-reliance.
In this test, except for one subsystem, all other subsystems and components have performed to the requirement, the Defence Minister said.
On a query on financial irregularities in DRDO and action taken in this regard, he said an internal audit of sanctions was carried in DRDO and "since the concerns raised by Internal Audit are in the nature of preliminary observations at this stage, the question of inquiry does not arise".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi