No report of Chinese incursion in JK: Antony
New Delhi: There is no report of any Chinese incursion in Jammu and Kashmir but the areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) are under constant army surveillance, the Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
"No report of Chinese incursion has been received from the government of Jammu and Kashmir...The areas along LAC are kept under constant surveillance by regular patrolling by troops and other aerial, optronic and electronic means," Defence Minister A K Antony told the Upper House in a written reply.
On naval exercise with Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force, he said, "The first Japan-India Maritime bilateral exercise was conducted on June 9, off Yokosuka, during deployment of Indian Naval ships to south-east Asian countries during May-July 2012...It benefited Indian Navy in operational skills, doctrinal expertise...Search and rescue procedures and in enhancing Maritime Domain awareness."
Replying to a question on failure of BrahMos cruise missile launch in July, he said, "Malfunction of one subsystem resulted in increase in velocity of the missile, crossing the limit and leading to aborting the mission.
The defect has been rectified after analysis."
Further development flight tests will be conducted as a measure of self-reliance.
In this test, except for one subsystem, all other subsystems and components have performed to the requirement, the Defence Minister said.
On a query on financial irregularities in DRDO and action taken in this regard, he said an internal audit of sanctions was carried in DRDO and "since the concerns raised by Internal Audit are in the nature of preliminary observations at this stage, the question of inquiry does not arise".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1