No report of Chinese incursion in Kashmir: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday said there was no report of any Chinese incursion in Jammu and Kashmir but stressed that the areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) were under constant army surveillance.
"No report of Chinese incursion has been received from the government of Jammu and Kashmir," Antony told the Rajya Sabha, the upper house, in a written reply.
"The areas along LAC are kept under constant surveillance by regular patrolling by troops and other aerial, optronic and electronic means," Antony added.
Antony had held talks with his Chinese counterpart Gen. Liang Guanglie here Tuesday and conveyed India`s concerns over the massive military build-up by China on its side of the border.
He had also conveyed New Delhi`s concerns about China`s activities in the Pakistan-controlled Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway