‘No report of sexual abuse by Indian Army in J&K’
New Delhi: The UN on Wednesday said it had not
come across any case of sexual abuse by security forces in
Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have not received any report of sexual violence in
Jammu and Kashmir. So far we do not have any reports about the
issue," UN Secretary General`s Special Representative on
Sexual Violence in Conflict Margot Wallstrom said replying to
Various separatists groups have been alleging
incidents of sexual violence against women by security forces
in the state.
Asked whether UN would set up any mechanism to monitor
incidents of sexual abuse in Jammu and Kashmir, she said there
was no such proposal.
However, she said the UN was in the process of setting
up such a mechanism to monitor incidents of sexual violence in
various African countries and in Columbia and Bosnia.
The UN official said she has been tasked by the UN
Security Council to take steps to prevent sexual violence
against women in conflict zones and the world body was taking
a series of initiatives to address the issue.
Wallstrom said the world body is "deeply concerned"
about growing incidents of sexual violence against women in
various conflict zones across the globe and was taking several
initiatives to ensure safety of fair sex in the troubled
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray