No rift in the government: Ambika Soni
New Delhi: Union Minister Ambika Soni on Thursday
dismissed claims of a rift within the government following the
controversy over Finance Ministry`s "secret" note to the PMO
which appeared to have raised questions on P Chidambaram`s
stand on 2G allocation when he was the Finance Minister.
"There is no rift in the government. There is very little
truth in whatever is being reported (on the 2G scam)," the
Minister of Information and Broadcasting said.
"There is nothing contentious, nothing new, nothing
revealing in the letter that should excite anybody," she said.
Soni refused to go into details of the matter as it
related to a case that was being heard by the Supreme Court.
She said Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Law
Minister Salman Khurshid have already made the government
stand clear on the issue.
Khurshid had said there could be "no question mark" on
Home Minister Chidambaram`s conduct.
"I have now seen the paper and I want to make it very
clear that as far as we are concerned in the government, there
is no question mark whatsoever...nothing of questionable
nature on the conduct of P Chidambaram...I can say this with
full authority. He deserves the support of the government," he
told reporters here.
Asked to comment on the note produced in the Supreme
Court yesterday, the Law Minister said it was "difficult to
comment on the paper for the single reason that it comes from
a junior official in the Ministry. It is not that paper has
been seen either by a senior functionary or a minister."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown