No rift within NDA over PM candidate: BJP
Agra: The BJP on Sunday said there is no rift among NDA partners on the issue of prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections and the matter will decided collectively within the alliance.
"There are no issues or differences in BJP... There is no question of any internal rift in NDA or BJP. Before the elections, BJP and NDA will decide under whose leadership we will fight the elections," BJP`s national vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
Naqvi was replying to a question on the sidelines of the party`s `Chintan Baithak` (brainstorming session) here on reports of growing rift within NDA over the issue of prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
Bihar chief minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar had earlier expressed reservation over the candidature of his Gujarat counterpart and BJP leader Narendra Modi for the top post.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari had said on Friday that he had discussed the issue of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate with Kumar and assured him that no decision has yet been taken on Modi being the party`s choice for it.
Naqvi said, "In 2014 NDA will form its government and root out the corrupt Congress-led UPA government from power."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani