No rift within NDA over PM candidate: BJP
Agra: The BJP on Sunday said there is no rift among NDA partners on the issue of prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections and the matter will decided collectively within the alliance.
"There are no issues or differences in BJP... There is no question of any internal rift in NDA or BJP. Before the elections, BJP and NDA will decide under whose leadership we will fight the elections," BJP`s national vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
Naqvi was replying to a question on the sidelines of the party`s `Chintan Baithak` (brainstorming session) here on reports of growing rift within NDA over the issue of prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
Bihar chief minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar had earlier expressed reservation over the candidature of his Gujarat counterpart and BJP leader Narendra Modi for the top post.
BJP President Nitin Gadkari had said on Friday that he had discussed the issue of NDA`s prime ministerial candidate with Kumar and assured him that no decision has yet been taken on Modi being the party`s choice for it.
Naqvi said, "In 2014 NDA will form its government and root out the corrupt Congress-led UPA government from power."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31