No RSS functionary questioned: CBI
New Delhi: The CBI today said it has not
questioned any RSS functionary during its ongoing probe into
Mecca Masjid and Ajmer blast cases.
CBI Director Ashwani Kumar said that the reports about
the agency questioning RSS leaders in connection with the
terror attacks in Mecca Masjid and Ajmer were not correct.
"No RSS functionary has been questioned in the Mecca
Masjid or Ajmer blast case," he told reporters here.
Meanwhile, the RSS said its functionaries will
"cooperate" with agencies probing alleged links of Hindu
groups in certain bomb blast cases, but termed as "baseless"
suggestions that some of its members were involved in the
"As long as investigations go on in a professional manner
and they want cooperation, (RSS) functionaries are ready to
extend cooperation," Sangh leader Ram Madhav told reporters
But at the same time he said that if investigations into
the blasts took a "political turn and if vendetta becomes the
motive, the RSS will have to take stock of the situation."
Madav termed as "baseless" reports that certain senior
RSS functionaries were involved in the incidents and were
"There were certain charges about individuals and the
agencies wanted some cooperation from our functionaries. They
have extended full cooperation to the agencies," he said.
The response came following reports that two senior RSS
functionaries were interrogated by CBI for allegedly
sheltering Mecca Masjid blast accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!