No RSS functionary questioned: CBI
New Delhi: The CBI today said it has not
questioned any RSS functionary during its ongoing probe into
Mecca Masjid and Ajmer blast cases.
CBI Director Ashwani Kumar said that the reports about
the agency questioning RSS leaders in connection with the
terror attacks in Mecca Masjid and Ajmer were not correct.
"No RSS functionary has been questioned in the Mecca
Masjid or Ajmer blast case," he told reporters here.
Meanwhile, the RSS said its functionaries will
"cooperate" with agencies probing alleged links of Hindu
groups in certain bomb blast cases, but termed as "baseless"
suggestions that some of its members were involved in the
"As long as investigations go on in a professional manner
and they want cooperation, (RSS) functionaries are ready to
extend cooperation," Sangh leader Ram Madhav told reporters
But at the same time he said that if investigations into
the blasts took a "political turn and if vendetta becomes the
motive, the RSS will have to take stock of the situation."
Madav termed as "baseless" reports that certain senior
RSS functionaries were involved in the incidents and were
"There were certain charges about individuals and the
agencies wanted some cooperation from our functionaries. They
have extended full cooperation to the agencies," he said.
The response came following reports that two senior RSS
functionaries were interrogated by CBI for allegedly
sheltering Mecca Masjid blast accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon