No RSS role in LK Advani`s resignation: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after veteran leader LK Advani resigned from all posts in the BJP following the elevation of Narendra Modi, party chief Rajnath Singh on Tuesday denied that the RSS had any role in the development.
"There was no Sangh interference in the decision on elevating Narendra Modi as poll panel chief," Singh told reporters here.
There was speculation that Modi was elevated on the diktat of the RSS amid dissent from several party leaders.
The RSS has also expressed shock at Advani`s move to resign from all party posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!