No security risk along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh: Army
Nowshera (Rajouri): Admitting there are cross-border movement of civilians along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector, the Army on Wednesday maintained there is "no security risk" along the border.
"I would say that there is no security risk along Line of Actual Control (LAC) (along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector) as I see it today", Northern Command Chief Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters here today.
He was replying to a volley of questions about incursion, transgression and cross-border movements of people and China`s alleged interference along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lt Gen Parnaik, who inaugurated a mega Army Mela in border belt of Nowshera area of Rajouri district, said "let me first say that transgression along Eastern Ladakh border--Dumchok area--there have been cross movements in areas of differing perception there (LAC in Ladakh)-- especially towards south Dumchok side-- Chumor and Chusar areas".
He said that "last to last month, we had an incident there-- three to four Chinese dressed in local attire were seen in our area. They were wandering there thinking that it was their area".
"We had to confront them-- show them the manner and asked them to leave-- which they did with a little protest", the Army commander said adding "this issue was discussed in the border personnel contact meeting (with Chinese troops). We had made it clear to Chinese that they should ensure that they do not violate the tranquility and peace".
Lt Gen Parnaik said "these incidents are taking place
between civilians who are in areas located close to LAC and may be those who are across in Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) area".
"Army is not deployed everywhere--sometimes these events get exaggerated....There is cross-border movement of civilians also and they indulge in smuggling", he said.
He said the army is taking necessary action as per the situation. "We have already cautioned our people on the borders not to cross the line of perception", he added.
"Today, we have peaceful border with China, which is not the case with regard to Pakistan. Peace and tranquility prevail along the border line", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly