No security risk along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh: Army
Nowshera (Rajouri): Admitting there are cross-border movement of civilians along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector, the Army on Wednesday maintained there is "no security risk" along the border.
"I would say that there is no security risk along Line of Actual Control (LAC) (along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector) as I see it today", Northern Command Chief Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters here today.
He was replying to a volley of questions about incursion, transgression and cross-border movements of people and China`s alleged interference along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lt Gen Parnaik, who inaugurated a mega Army Mela in border belt of Nowshera area of Rajouri district, said "let me first say that transgression along Eastern Ladakh border--Dumchok area--there have been cross movements in areas of differing perception there (LAC in Ladakh)-- especially towards south Dumchok side-- Chumor and Chusar areas".
He said that "last to last month, we had an incident there-- three to four Chinese dressed in local attire were seen in our area. They were wandering there thinking that it was their area".
"We had to confront them-- show them the manner and asked them to leave-- which they did with a little protest", the Army commander said adding "this issue was discussed in the border personnel contact meeting (with Chinese troops). We had made it clear to Chinese that they should ensure that they do not violate the tranquility and peace".
Lt Gen Parnaik said "these incidents are taking place
between civilians who are in areas located close to LAC and may be those who are across in Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) area".
"Army is not deployed everywhere--sometimes these events get exaggerated....There is cross-border movement of civilians also and they indulge in smuggling", he said.
He said the army is taking necessary action as per the situation. "We have already cautioned our people on the borders not to cross the line of perception", he added.
"Today, we have peaceful border with China, which is not the case with regard to Pakistan. Peace and tranquility prevail along the border line", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015