No security risk along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh: Army
Nowshera (Rajouri): Admitting there are cross-border movement of civilians along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector, the Army on Wednesday maintained there is "no security risk" along the border.
"I would say that there is no security risk along Line of Actual Control (LAC) (along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector) as I see it today", Northern Command Chief Lt Gen KT Parnaik told reporters here today.
He was replying to a volley of questions about incursion, transgression and cross-border movements of people and China`s alleged interference along Sino-Indian border in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lt Gen Parnaik, who inaugurated a mega Army Mela in border belt of Nowshera area of Rajouri district, said "let me first say that transgression along Eastern Ladakh border--Dumchok area--there have been cross movements in areas of differing perception there (LAC in Ladakh)-- especially towards south Dumchok side-- Chumor and Chusar areas".
He said that "last to last month, we had an incident there-- three to four Chinese dressed in local attire were seen in our area. They were wandering there thinking that it was their area".
"We had to confront them-- show them the manner and asked them to leave-- which they did with a little protest", the Army commander said adding "this issue was discussed in the border personnel contact meeting (with Chinese troops). We had made it clear to Chinese that they should ensure that they do not violate the tranquility and peace".
Lt Gen Parnaik said "these incidents are taking place
between civilians who are in areas located close to LAC and may be those who are across in Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) area".
"Army is not deployed everywhere--sometimes these events get exaggerated....There is cross-border movement of civilians also and they indulge in smuggling", he said.
He said the army is taking necessary action as per the situation. "We have already cautioned our people on the borders not to cross the line of perception", he added.
"Today, we have peaceful border with China, which is not the case with regard to Pakistan. Peace and tranquility prevail along the border line", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH