No separate team needed to probe corruption cases: CVC
New Delhi: Central Vigilance Commission does not need any separate investigation wing to look into high profile cases of corruption, its chief Pradeep Kumar has said.
"The CVC has a mix of officers. We have engineers and officers from Indian Police Service and Indian Administrative Service among others. There is no need to have a separate investigation wing. Officers in the Chief Technical Examination wing are capable enough to tackle cases being dealt by the Commission," Kumar said in an interaction.
The high-level Shunglu Committee, which went into the alleged Commonwealth Games related irregularities, has in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recommended greater autonomy for the CTE wing.
The CTE wing acts as the investigating arm of the probity watchdog.
Kumar said the Commission was examining its manpower requirement.
"CVC is dealing in many sensitive cases. We get a number of corruption complaints also. The CVC is internally examining whether it is capable of managing things with the present manpower. Once our requirements are decided a note may be prepared for the government to decide on it," he said when asked whether the Commission was facing any shortage of staff.
Kumar, a former IAS officer, took over the reins of the CVC in July last year.
The CVC is getting a lot of complaints related to corruption and some related to grievances which are promptly addressed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS