No special treatment for five corporate honchos
New Delhi: Five top honchos of telecom firms, who were sent to Tihar jail yesterday in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation scam, spent their night like others prisoner as they were not provided any special treatment.
In contrast to their lavish lifestyle, all the five
spent their night in a 90 square feet Tihar prison cell.
Swan Telecom Director Vinod Goenka, Unitech Wireless
(Tamil Nadu) Ltd Managing Director Sanjay Chandra, and three
top officials of Reliance ADA Group -- Gautam Doshi, Surendra
Pipara and Hari Nair were sent to the jail last evening.
"They had the usual prison food -- dal, roti, sabzi
and chawal -- and after that they were sent to their
respective cells. They share cells with other inmates as the
jail is already overcrowded. They slept on the floor as their
co-inmates do," a jail official said.
All the five woke up early in the morning and were
present for the head count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire