No special treatment for five corporate honchos
New Delhi: Five top honchos of telecom firms, who were sent to Tihar jail yesterday in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation scam, spent their night like others prisoner as they were not provided any special treatment.
In contrast to their lavish lifestyle, all the five
spent their night in a 90 square feet Tihar prison cell.
Swan Telecom Director Vinod Goenka, Unitech Wireless
(Tamil Nadu) Ltd Managing Director Sanjay Chandra, and three
top officials of Reliance ADA Group -- Gautam Doshi, Surendra
Pipara and Hari Nair were sent to the jail last evening.
"They had the usual prison food -- dal, roti, sabzi
and chawal -- and after that they were sent to their
respective cells. They share cells with other inmates as the
jail is already overcrowded. They slept on the floor as their
co-inmates do," a jail official said.
All the five woke up early in the morning and were
present for the head count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II