No special treatment for five corporate honchos
New Delhi: Five top honchos of telecom firms, who were sent to Tihar jail yesterday in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation scam, spent their night like others prisoner as they were not provided any special treatment.
In contrast to their lavish lifestyle, all the five
spent their night in a 90 square feet Tihar prison cell.
Swan Telecom Director Vinod Goenka, Unitech Wireless
(Tamil Nadu) Ltd Managing Director Sanjay Chandra, and three
top officials of Reliance ADA Group -- Gautam Doshi, Surendra
Pipara and Hari Nair were sent to the jail last evening.
"They had the usual prison food -- dal, roti, sabzi
and chawal -- and after that they were sent to their
respective cells. They share cells with other inmates as the
jail is already overcrowded. They slept on the floor as their
co-inmates do," a jail official said.
All the five woke up early in the morning and were
present for the head count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM