No special treatment for five corporate honchos
New Delhi: Five top honchos of telecom firms, who were sent to Tihar jail yesterday in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation scam, spent their night like others prisoner as they were not provided any special treatment.
In contrast to their lavish lifestyle, all the five
spent their night in a 90 square feet Tihar prison cell.
Swan Telecom Director Vinod Goenka, Unitech Wireless
(Tamil Nadu) Ltd Managing Director Sanjay Chandra, and three
top officials of Reliance ADA Group -- Gautam Doshi, Surendra
Pipara and Hari Nair were sent to the jail last evening.
"They had the usual prison food -- dal, roti, sabzi
and chawal -- and after that they were sent to their
respective cells. They share cells with other inmates as the
jail is already overcrowded. They slept on the floor as their
co-inmates do," a jail official said.
All the five woke up early in the morning and were
present for the head count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic