No specific inputs on possible terror attacks, says AP DGP
Hyderabad: Amid massive security checks in the city ahead of Shivratri festival, Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy on Thursday said that there was no specific input on fresh terror attacks and police were conducting routine drills.
"What is being shown on electronic media since yesterday are unfounded rumours that are being relayed. There is no basis for these rumours. There is no need for any fear psychosis in Hyderabad," the AP Police Chief told reporters.
"These are routine checks being done by police (Hyderabad and Cyberabad Commissionerate) which are going to continue. No scope for any rumours. Actually we don`t have any such inputs," Reddy said.
It is a general annual alert (in view of Shivratri festival on March 10) which is being followed. The massive checking and frisking drive going on in the city is the post-blast drill (after the February 21 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts), he said.
Police is in full control of the situation and they are doing routine checks, he said adding that these are mock drills.
He said the state police is going to supplement the efforts of National Investigation Agency (NIA), to which the blasts case has been transferred.
"We are not washing off our hands. We are also doing our job. The case has been transferred to NIA but that doesn`t mean we are washing off our hands. The state police is also putting its efforts and is supplementing the efforts of NIA," he explained.
"We have some clues and we are working on that. No one has been arrested and we have questioned some suspects," he added.
The DGP asked people to cooperate with police and security forces for the safety of everyone. "They (people) can be rest assured that top priority has been given for their security. I appeal to the people of Andhra Pradesh and Hyderabad, in particular, not to be panicky," he said.
As many 3,500 cameras are being procured at a cost of Rs 450 crore to be installed in the city, he said.
He asked people to be alert and also share information on any suspicious objects.
"If people come across any suspicious things, it should be brought to the notice of the police and they should also share information on suspicious movement of strangers in their neighbourhood," Reddy said.
"Whatever information is shared will be kept confidential and they will be richly rewarded," he added.
As many as 17 people were killed and over 100 others injured in the blasts that were triggered by powerful IEDs planted near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in Dilsukhnagar on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India