No specific rape case in Gr Noida villages: Govt
New Delhi: There was no confirmation of any
rape in the Greater Noida villages in Uttar Pradesh during
clashes between farmers and police in May, government informed
the Rajya Sabha.
"An inquiry committee constituted by the National
Commission for Women visited the Bhatta Parsaul villages in UP
on 12-05-2011. No specific case of rape has been confirmed by
the Inquiry Committee," Women and Child Welfare Minister
Krishna Tirath said in reply to a written question.
Earlier, some Congress leaders had claimed that women had
been raped by policemen during the clashes over land
acquisition in these villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire