No specific rape case in Gr Noida villages: Govt
New Delhi: There was no confirmation of any
rape in the Greater Noida villages in Uttar Pradesh during
clashes between farmers and police in May, government informed
the Rajya Sabha.
"An inquiry committee constituted by the National
Commission for Women visited the Bhatta Parsaul villages in UP
on 12-05-2011. No specific case of rape has been confirmed by
the Inquiry Committee," Women and Child Welfare Minister
Krishna Tirath said in reply to a written question.
Earlier, some Congress leaders had claimed that women had
been raped by policemen during the clashes over land
acquisition in these villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III