No specific rape case in Gr Noida villages: Govt
New Delhi: There was no confirmation of any
rape in the Greater Noida villages in Uttar Pradesh during
clashes between farmers and police in May, government informed
the Rajya Sabha.
"An inquiry committee constituted by the National
Commission for Women visited the Bhatta Parsaul villages in UP
on 12-05-2011. No specific case of rape has been confirmed by
the Inquiry Committee," Women and Child Welfare Minister
Krishna Tirath said in reply to a written question.
Earlier, some Congress leaders had claimed that women had
been raped by policemen during the clashes over land
acquisition in these villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS