No summons to MPs in black money cases: CBDT
New Delhi: The Central Board of Direct Taxes
(CBDT) on Tuesday said that no summonses have been issued to
Members of Parliament (MP) in connection with investigation of
black money cases.
"It has also been reported (in sections of press) that
summons have been issued to some Members of Parliament.
This information is factually incorrect and is therefore
denied", CBDT said in a release.
The CBDT was responding to media reports that summonses
were issued to three MPs from Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and
Kerala to appear for questioning at the Delhi office of I-T
department`s recently-set up Directorate of Criminal
Investigation (DCI) and explain source of funds parked in
According to reports, some investigations relating to
banking information received from overseas were referred to
the Directorate of Criminal Investigation by the CBDT for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan