No summons to MPs in black money cases: CBDT
New Delhi: The Central Board of Direct Taxes
(CBDT) on Tuesday said that no summonses have been issued to
Members of Parliament (MP) in connection with investigation of
black money cases.
"It has also been reported (in sections of press) that
summons have been issued to some Members of Parliament.
This information is factually incorrect and is therefore
denied", CBDT said in a release.
The CBDT was responding to media reports that summonses
were issued to three MPs from Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and
Kerala to appear for questioning at the Delhi office of I-T
department`s recently-set up Directorate of Criminal
Investigation (DCI) and explain source of funds parked in
According to reports, some investigations relating to
banking information received from overseas were referred to
the Directorate of Criminal Investigation by the CBDT for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray