No terror link against two Britons established: Police
New Delhi: Delhi police has not established
any terror link against two Britons detained for allegedly
recording conversation between pilots and Air Traffic Control.
"We have not pressed charges against them till now. No
terror link has been established. We are exploring whether
they could be booked under the Indian Telegraph Act and
Aircraft Rule," a senior police official said.
Stephen Hampston (46) and Steve Martin (55), whose
movements were restricted by police to a posh hotel, were
detained by The Foreigner Regional Registration Offices (FRRO)
Authorities are considering booking the duo under Section
25 of Indian Telegraph Act which prohibits interception. If
convicted, the duo may have to undergo imprisonment for a
maximum of three years, or with fine or with both, the
The Britons, employed with Railways in UK, were confined
to Radisson Hotel near international airport here from Monday
night after the hotel staff reported about their "suspicious"
The duo, who were in possession of sophisticated
equipment, claimed they were into plane-spotting and it was
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents