`No threat to UPA, but NCP ready for early polls`
Vadodara: There was no threat to the UPA government at present, union agriculture minister and president of Nationalist Congress Party Sharad Pawar said today; adding that his party was ready if mid-term polls came.
Replying to a question regarding BSP supremo Mayawati`s hint of the possibility of early polls, Pawar said here, "UPA government is stable and it does not have any problem of survival, as several other parties are supporting it."
But, he went on to say, "being a political party we are ready for mid-term polls".
Pawar was in the city today to preside over the fifth national convention of NCP, attended by the party delegates from all over the country.
He also said that though there was no threat, the UPA would have to tread carefully.
Reiterating his stand on allegations made by social activist Arvind Kejriwal against Robert Vadra, Pawar dared Kejriwal to approach the courts. "Of late, it has become a fashion that anyone levels allegations, then keeps mum and later asks the government to probe," he said.
Pawar denied that there was any rift in the union cabinet, especially between himself and the Rural Development Minister Jayram Ramesh, over the land acquisition bill.
"The country needs electricity and industries. But at the same time, farmers should also be adequately compensated and rehabilitated. All these issues have been addressed in the bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark